Today I’d like to welcome another fabulous Carina author Natasha Hardy to my blog. Her debut novel Water is out now to buy from all good e-book retailers.
But first some questions I’ve been desperate to ask and Natasha has very kindly taken the time to answer them, thanks Natasha……..
1. Where do you write?
I write in our outside area which has stack sliding doors which completely open up, and let in fresh air and loads of golden South African Sunshine.
2. Do you have any particular routines?
I try to write while the kids are at school so mostly in the mornings, but come deadline time, I write whenever I can.
3. Who has inspired you the most?
In writing it has to be Stephenie Meyer, mainly because I can relate to being so busy working and being a Mom and wife and finding writing as a bit of a “me time” escape.
4. What inspired this novel?
A camping trip I went on as a child to Injisuthi, a wildly beautiful part of the South African Drakensburg. On that trip we discovered rock encased pools of ice cold, crystal clear, turquoise blue water.
5. Your top three pieces of advice for any aspiring authors.
1. Write. No matter how busy you are, start your book.
2. Believe in your story.
3. Believe in your ability to tell that story uniquely.
6. If you could throw a come dine with me dinner party and invite any authors who would you ask and why?
William Shakespere- because I’d love to understand how that man just got human beings and described them agelessly.
J.R.Tolkien- because I’d love to know what other stories he had in his head that he didn’t get round to writing down.
Terry Prachett- because I think he’d add a touch of humour and sheer lunacy to the experience.
Stephenie Meyer- because I’d love to hear her impressions of the evening as she seems to have an affinity for understanding the connections between people.